Fill in the Missing Number in Sequence Exercise
This exercise trains you to look for patterns between numbers. It’s training you to make sense of data. Find x for each sequence. Write out approaches to each problem, you’ll want to look at them later to compare notes and methods. Answers and explanations tomorrow.
- 1, 2, 4, x, 16, 32, 64
- 30, 23, x, 9
- 84, x, 66, 57
- 63, 61, 59, x
- 32, 40, 24, 16, 24, x 8
- 1, 2, 6, 24, x 120
- x, 12, 18, 10, 6, 14, 5, 0, 10 (this one is very difficult, break it into three parts to find pattern)
- 8, 25, 52, 89, x
Respond to question with question exercise.
Those who are curious ask more questions than they make statements. Practicing asking a question in response to a question teaches you to not assume you know what the asker is asking and to ask for clarification so you better understand what’s being asked.
Answer the following questions with a question.
- Can I have your belt?
- Have you been to Italy?
- Do you want to get dinner?
- Can I punch you in the face?
- Why are people evil?
- Is the personal political?
- What’s the most popular drink here?
- Is blue your favorite color?
- Will coronavirus kills me?
- Should I commit suicide?
Question: Can I have your belt?
Response: Are you going to hit me with it?